Sunday, June 29, 2008

A "Pooh-tiful" Day


We celebrated Colton's 1st birthday Saturday. He is obsessed with his Winnie the Pooh and the cartoon, so it was only fitting to have a Pooh Party. When we went to party city to get all the goods, he saw the pooh stuff and nearly came out of the buggy. We just had a small party with the family, and it was a great time. Everyone was greeted by a Pooh bear blowing bubbles and a sign that said " Welcome 2 the 100 akres woods". Brad made "Tigger Tails"(hot dogs and sausage) and I made, or bought, "Rabbit's Garden"(vegetables and fruit), "Pooh's Pasta", and "Piglet's Puffs"(cheese puffs). I had a cupcake cake made and had Colton his own mini cake. No need to ask, you know that Colton LOVED the cake.














After the food and cake we opened presents. Colton refused to wear his bib, so he was shirtless during presents because he was covered in cake. He got lots of wonderful things and loved them all. He couldn't be still long enough to open everything, so his cousins all gave him a helping hand.














Next, we had a slip-n-slide and a kiddie pool out back for the kids. I probably could have won some major money if I would have been taping the whole time. It was hilarious to see three 4yr olds on a slip-n-slide for the first time. By the way, those things sure do look alot small than they did when we were kids! Of course Colton had to put an end to his party by pooping in his swim shorts. The one and only time I didn't put a swim diaper on him....GEEEZ!






































So, after the party was over, my little munchkins opened all the toys, played a while then crashed. It was a wonderful day, and thanks to everyone for coming. Thanks mom and dad for helping out with everything before the party. Just taking Raelee for me was HUGE! I can't believe Colton is "1". I love that little squirt so much and I can't wait to see the man he will grow to be.
All pooh-ped out!

0 comments: