Monday, June 16, 2008

Fabulous Father's Day Weekend


Well as most of you know I can talk forever on the subject of fathers,( I happen to have the best one EVER!), so I'll try to keep this short and sweet. I love my dad with every ounce in me and he is the most incredible man I know. Not only is he an amazing dad to me, but he has been there for many of my friends as well. Everyone knows if they need ANYTHING, just call "Mr. Larry"!
Mom, Dad, Kevin, Alisha and I and the 4 grandkids all headed down to the Boardwalk saturday evening for a Father's Day dinner. Brad had to work, so he missed out on all the fun. I dressed the kiddos in their matching luau outfits, in which Uncle Kevin made fun of. We ate at Saltgrass, which was fantastic, then enjoyed the rest of the evening. Me and Alisha rode the carousel with the kiddos. They absolutely LOVED it. I think Raelee owns one of the horses there, we have rode it so much.
Then it was off to Build-A-Bear workshop. Grandmother and Pawpaw took the babies in to get their first birthday bear, and the older ones got to pick out a new outfit for the bear they already have. That is some major decision making for Raelee, but we finally settled on a princess t-shirt. Colton and Alyssa just had so much fun running around. Colton picked out a puppy, and Alyssa picked a monkey.



Then we went down to Bass Pro Shop so I could get Brad some cinnamon covered almonds. That was a last minute little father's day treat. The kids love looking at the alligators and the fish too. Kevin was not happy that we spent more time in build-a-bear than we did in bass pro. I think he has a secret job there on the side that we don't know about. Everyone was ready for dessert by this time, so it was into the Chocolate Crocodile for some sweets. Raelee, of course, had to get PINK white chocolate.

Last, we let the kids do the Eurobungy. It's like a little trampoline, but they wear a harness and it lets them do flips and stuff. Dylan and Raelee did it, but neither one would try a flip. They just had fun jumping like the little monkeys they are!





The kids, and adults, were exhausted, but we had a great time. It was perfect weather for a perfect night. I love spending time with my family and creating as many memories as I can for the kids. That's something my parents always did for us, and for that I am extremely grateful.

The next day, actual father's day, we all went over mom and dad's and let the kids swim. Brad got off around 3pm, so we went home to see Daddy and give him all his goodies. Raelee was so excited to give him the singing card she picked out. She's a music lover like her daddy. Then, we went to Brad's parent's house to watch the LSU game.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and father to my children. There is nothing like seeing the look on their faces when Brad comes home from the fire station. Raelee is a true "daddy's girl"! He misses out on a lot, but I know it's because he is busy being a HERO!

That was our weekend. The kids are pooped and so am I. Hope you all had a wonderful father's day. I said a special prayer for all of my friends who do not have their fathers this year. I love you and am thinking about you.

0 comments: