Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Double Trouble

So Alisha and I(that is my brother's wife for those of you who do not know), had this bright idea to get some pictures made of the babies together for their 1st birthday. Colton and Alyssa were born 9 days apart, so we thought it would be really fun. We just thought we would "just run up to Target" and have some cheap little pics made, no biggie right? WRONG! We schedule the perfect appointment for when the babies had taken a nap and had just had lunch. They were in FANTASTIC moods. The clock kept ticking and before you know it, we had been waiting 1hr. I was about to go pull the lady out of the room taking pictures of her baby with every color onsie in the rainbow. Is this really necessary? Alisha and I just fed the kiddos snacks and let them show off their walking skills to everyone in the store. By the time the lady finally called us back, the kids looked ragged and Alisha and I were dripping sweat. So she brings us in the 8x10 room and tells us to put the babies up on a 4ft pedastool, as if they are going to sit there still and take the pictures. I'm thinking to myself at this point....this lady obviously does not have kids! We try it anyway, and of course they both just want to climb down. The lady hands Colton a wooden number "1" to hold and he bops himself in the eye. So we now have a huge red mark above our eyebrow. That's it....I'm done. We tell the lady we're sorry, but this may have worked an hour ago. After doing my therapy shopping in Target, I call this place across the street called Picture Innovations. I had seen the advertisement, but did not no anything about them. The girl sold me as soon as I talked to her on the phone. They were extremely nice. We went the next day, and wow, what a difference. The place is kid friendly, spacious, and clean. They were ready for us when we got there, we didn't even put our bags down. They took us in a large studio and let the kids just sit, stand, play whatever while she took the pics. The babies acutally had fun! Then she took us to a HUGE flat screen monitor on the wall and showed us the 85 pictures we had just took....yes I said 85. We got to narrow them down and choose from there. We went a little crazy because we were so excited, so all of you Aunts and Grandmothers should be getting some pics real soon. They printed them while we wait....AWESOME! This was the greatest experience for just a cheap little studio, but they did fantastic work. So I hope you all enjoy just a sample of our pics.

1 comments:

DeAnn said...

We love Portrait Innovations! I love how they get on the floor with the kids!