Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ballet Debut

Well, as most of you know, Raelee is...shall we say....very imaginative. She has several different voices that accompany her many pretend friends. That's another whole blog in itself. Anyway, she loves to dress up and was driving me crazy about wanting to be a ballerina. I figured, why not, let's see if this is really something she might want to do. Well, we started in February and she LOVED IT! She knew every Monday was "Ballet Day". Now, before I go any further, you should all know that I know diddly squat about ballet. I don't understand it, it bores me to death, but those girls have some amazing talent. I find out that Raelee is going to be in Beauty and the Beast at "The Strand". What? Are you kidding? I just thought she was going to go to class every week and learn tap,jazz, and ballet. Well, I mind as well suck it up, because she's been fitted for a costume. The time comes and Raelee's class, the youngest, end up being Rosebuds. There are 4 different colors: red, purple, yellow, and PINK. There are 4 girls of each color. Now, the genius that thought that it would be a good idea to throw pink in the mix evidently does not have a 4yr old daughter. Talk about some drama on that "ballet day". Every other rosebud was in tears over the PINK costume. Raelee insisted that she was not going to be the most beautifulest of all in purple. I convinced her that purple was daddys' favorite color because it was for LSU, so it eased the pain a bit. By the time dress rehearsal came around, most of the girls were just excited to wear the costume and didn't fuss too much. They were the hit of the show. Grandmother and Pawpaw gave here flowers for her debut, so she thought she was big stuff. My baby girl performed on the stage at the strand in her beautiful purple costume and made us so proud. It was a total wear out, but it was so worth it. I couldn't have done it without all of you grandmothers taking turns with Colton and Brook helping me with my dramatic ballerina. I don't think she even got her tights off all the way before she was telling me that she now wants to be a "Balancer" (take gymnastics). Mommy was a cheerleader, so maybe we're heading a little more in a familiar direction. So, I guess gymnastics is next on our list, we'll see. For now, we are just dressing up in our princess costumes and enjoying grandmother and pawpaw's pool for the summer. I hope you enjoy the slide show. I will try to post the video from the recital later this week. Love you all....Good Night!






0 comments: