Monday, July 14, 2008

Special Events

Well, this weekend we had some pretty special parties to attend. My niece Alyssa had her "1st" birthday and Sunday we celebrated mom's "5oth".

Saturday, we went to Alyssa's birthday party. It was a princess theme, and boy, does that suit her well. She is a total Diva. Kevin and Alisha are in for some trouble. She has to be the cutest little thing with blonde curls you've ever seen. She is 9 days younger than Colton. She was born 5wks early and spent a few weeks in the NICU at WKS. That hasn't stopped this little firecracker at all. She holds her own, and never slows down. She is the most affectionate baby I've ever seen and she is such a blessing to us all. Happy Birthday Sweet Alyssa!

Aunt Christi buys the BEST gifts!No instructions needed!

Sunday we celebrated mom's 5oth birthday. Her actual birthday is tomorrow. She made me promise not to throw a party, so I came up with a different surprise. I asked several friends and family to gather birthday messages, stories, pictures, whatever they wanted. I put them all together in a birthday scrapbook for her to keep. Thank you to everyone who participated, she absolutely loved it! I cried the whole time I was putting it together. Everyone's messages were so sweet and that's exactly what I wanted her to have. We tried to take pictures of all 4 of the grandkids together, but that's another whole blog for later this week! Mom had a great time with all of the kids over and we had a wonderful afternoon. I'm taking her for some good ole' Superior Mexican food tomorrow for lunch!

Hope you all had a great weekend : )

0 comments: