Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Little Mermaid

Raelee started swimming lessons this week. Mom signed her up, then informed me later. She knew it was not the number one thing I was wanting to do with Raelee. She swims all over the pool with her vest on at mom and dad's, but is spastic about getting her face wet.
Well, the little diva proved me wrong. We had our 3rd lesson today and she is doing great! Coach Beaudreaux got her to do more in 30mins than we have all summer. First of all, she actually wore her goggles. Then he had her jumping in and putting her face in the water. Also, he had her swimming on her back.
Colton learns just as much from the side lines. He heard the coach telling Raelee to blow her bubbles in the water. He was saying, "blow, blow, blow"...so Colton was blowing! She is doing so good, and I am so proud of her. She has conquered a lot of her fears in just three short lessons, so I can't wait to see what she does by Saturday.
Swimming lessons are a wear out....for BOTH babies!
After lessons today, mom and I took her swimming. She wasn't scared at all. She wanted to practice all of her new tricks. I was glad that she wanted to do it at home, and not just for the coach. Thanks Grandmother......you were right!

1 comments:

Liz Folds said...

Christi-Coach Boudreau and his wife, Donna, were my neighbors when I lived in Shreveport. In fact, I just talked to her when I was home and she told me they had come from Arkansas so he could teach swimming this summer. Raelee looks like she really is a "little mermaid".

Liz