Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Fabulous 4th

We had a wonderful 4th and I hope all of you did as well. We started the weekend off at Raelee's school (Ellerbe Road Baptist Church) Thursday night. They had a fantastic firework show for the whole community, along with food and drinks, live music, a firetruck, and a spacewalk. Lisa and I took Josh and Raelee and the guys stayed at home with a sleeping Colton. The kids loved getting to sit on the blanket and watch the show. (besides the fact that the mosquitoes just about ate holes through our body regardless of what kind of repellent we had on....good ole Louisiana!)

Friday we went swimming at mom and dad's and dad cooked his famous "secret family recipe" ribs. The only way to get this recipe is to marry into the family. That does cause me to wonder sometimes if that's the reason Brad married me. We all had a great time in the pool, but the little ones were to pooped to wait on the fireworks.
Just thinking of something mean to do to his sister!

Colton loves to touch the waterfall and let is splash his face.

So, after the babies went home, Raelee and all the remaining adults went swimming again that evening. She had fun showing us what all she had learned in swimming lessons this week. The country club next to mom and dad's house does a big firework show, so we went out front an let Raelee do sparklers until it started. It took a little help from Brook before she was comfortable with it, but after that, I think she did about 2o of them.

Saturday night, Brad and I got a much needed night out. The kids stayed with mom and dad and we went out with Lisa and Randall. One of the fireman plays in a local band, Losing Anna, and they were playing at Harrah's Louisiana Downs and opening for Cowboy Mouth. It was set up outside, but it actually turned out pretty nice. Well, I had on a dress, Brad was about to die in 2 shirts and khaki pants. We had no idea it was outside until we got there. The bands were great and we had a really good time visiting with everyone. By 9:00 I was yawning...pitiful, I know. I think the best part was when we first got there, all me and Lisa could see were the big corn dog and funnel cake stands they had set up. We looked like kids in a candy store. The guys really didn't have to take us to dinner, we would have been satisfied with a foot long corn dog, a funnel cake and some cherry lemonade. I did get a lemonade by the way, and it did not taste like it did when I was a kid. Very disappointing!


So that was our weekend in a nutshell. Hope you all had a fun weekend as well!

1 comments:

DeAnn said...

Sounds like you need a weekend to recover from your weekend! I love that your kids have patriotic swimsuits :)