Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not Just A Mother

Mother's Day to me is such an amazing day of the year. A chance to celebrate the woman who gave me life, raised me right, put up with teenage years, helped plan a wedding, takes care of grand kids, and everything in between. Not only is this woman my mother, but she is my best friend. I don't know anyone else who is more selfless and giving than my mom. I have never had to doubt her love and support, and for that I am grateful. She has taught me to be the mother that I am today, and I couldn't do it without her. I have learned that family ALWAYS comes first, and it always will. She is an incredible woman and I am so blessed to be her daughter.

Besides having an amazing mom, I also have the privilege of having a wonderful Mimi. I really don't think I could just sit down and explain the words that I feel for this woman. She is like a second mother to me. I know that I can pick up the phone and call her ANYTIME about ANYTHING and she is there to listen and help in any way possible. It has been a rough last 14 years for her, but she is a rock and I admire her so much. She is the christian rock that keeps this family going. She is a giver, a servant, and strong woman of God. I am so glad Raelee has her Great-Grandmother, just like I did.
I am so thankful for being a mommy also. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and two beautiful, amazing kids. I love being a mommy, and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Raelee is about to start Kindergarten, and Colton will turn 2 next month. Wow...where has the time gone? I just want to soak in every minute that I can, and hold them in my lap as long as they will let me.

There are several other moms and grandmas that are special to me, but I wanted to mention my BEST FRIENDS. Mom and Mimi.... I love you both so much, and I thank you for making me the woman I am today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christi, I appreciate that so much and you know I think you are the most special thing around. I love you so much and you are still my Tilly Sue. Love you much.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

What a beautiful tibute to two special ladies.

Carrie said...

What sweet things to say about your mom and mimi. What would we do without them. Your mom sounds SO much like mine, we (and our kids) are truly blessed to have them.

I hope you had a good mother's day. Hey will you send me an email so I'll have your email address...carrieanncw@comcast.net