Thursday, September 4, 2008

And.....They're Off!

To school, that is. Remember my blog, "Never Another One Just Like The Other One"? Well, my children proved that theory once more today. Raelee is starting 4yr old Preschool and Colton is going to the same school once a day for Mothers Day Out. (or as I call it, "Thank you Jesus for this day") She was suppose to start Tuesday, but due to ole Gustav, school was out Tuesday and Wednesday. Therefore, today was our official 1st day of school. Raelee woke up ecstatic, ready to go. She asked me every 5 minutes if it was time to leave yet. She has been at this school since she was 1yrs old, so she knows everyone and LOVES it. Colton, well, that's different story. He thought is was fun this morning to carry a lunch box just like sissy, but poor boy had no idea what is was for. First we took Raelee to her class. She gave me a big hug and couldn't wait to go see her friends from last year. Then Colton and I took the dreaded walk. I took him to his class and he seemed really fine. He immediately started playing with the toys and found a ball. Hmmm, I guess he's actually going to do fine. I snuck out, and as soon as I shut the door and he noticed, I heard him start whaling. It broke my heart to see my little man freaking out. You have to understand, Raelee clung to the teacher for dear life when I came to pick her up from her first day of Mother's day Out when she was 1yr. She didn't want to go home. Now I have one that doesn't want to leave home! He made it through the whole day, and he just cried off and on. Hopefully next week will be a little better. I can't believe my little Raelee Rue is going to be gone everyday. She is really excited about it, I know she gets bored with me everyday. She loves all her friends and making things to bring home to show me and daddy. It's really going to be strange, (quiet but strange), not having her here all day. She's my little best friend and my little helper. She drives me bonkers with wanting to pretend all day, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss it after a few days. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress on both of them. Keep your fingers crossed!
P.S. I got to enjoy a day of shopping with mom and mimi and lunch at Superior. This "Free day Thurday" is not going to be so bad after all!

0 comments: