Monday, August 18, 2008

Didn't Know I Had Those!

I'm sitting here working...now moving on to blogging....and it's raining outside. I love to hear the rain when the kiddos are asleep and I can ACTUALLY relax and listen to it.
Not too much going on in the Johnson household this weekend. Mom and Dad (AKA Grandmother and Pawpaw) got a Nintendo Wii last week. They thought it would be a good idea for all of us "older" kids to come over and learn the games before the little ones started in. Yep, I have to get a leg up on my 4yr old. So, Kevin and Alisha and Brad and I went over and showed our age. Dad cooked some burgers and the games began. We didn't even really play that long, but lordy, my arms would tell you other wise. That is some serious business. Now I see what all the fuss is about. I discovered muscles I didn't know I had. I think us girls have decided we need to belong to a bowling league...that's right...we're that good! I'm thinking after some tennis, boxing, and the fit challenges, I'll be a teenager again. Ok, so maybe that's pushing it, but this really is some good exercise. Raelee kept wanting to play, but we were all so into it, we kept telling her to hold on. Awww, maybe next time sweety. Anyway, next time you see the Johnson and Hagedorn clans, we will be unbe-Wii-vable! (I think the rain is getting to me)

1 comments:

*Hinrichsen Family* said...

This is un-related to the last topic posted-however it laid heavy on my heart & I felt the need to express my thoughts. With the risk of sounding sappy, I throughly enjoyed the short visit tonight with you & Raelee. In the small amount of time I had the pleasure of being in her company, I was truly amazed. She has such a sweet, spirit that is simply undescrible. It's the first time I sincerely could have "taken her home" and had just as much fun (if not more) than she would have. Being pregnant I am constantly asked what gender I "want". As if I have control of this. Healthy, happy child being unspoken I have ALWAYS replied "a BOY". Already having Will, this is all I know. I've made the statement that I would not have the slightest idea what to "do with a girl" Especially me being the tom-boy that I pride myself on. Tonight, those thoughts were changed. I can honestly say that my eyes were opened. Make no mistake, I'm not foolish in thinking ALL little girls are as precious as Raelee. However; upon leaving the Johnson house tonight all I wanted to do was have a tea party, go shoe shopping, etc. Raelee has exposed me to all the wonderful things there are awaiting a mother & her princess. (and all in about 20 minutes, crazy I know) I am no longer haunted with the fear of giving birth to a "stinky, silly, girl" Quite frankly-I would be honored!

I would also like to add (since I'm making a book out of this comment) that I am very blessed for having you, Christi as a friend. I feel as if we've known each other for years. I have "clicked" with a limited amount of people since living here. I find it quite comical that we can end a phone converstion with "ok, bye" in 2 seconds flat and never think twice! And that's after we've realized we have either done or feel the same way on countless issues.

So thank you for our new, yet meaningful friendship that I hope continues to grow.

Now that's ENOUGH "mushyness" to last me a lifetime! I can't believe I was vunerable (or stupid) enough to have this in print. We'll keep this between us & your "bloggers"

Smoochezzzzzzzzz

Margaret