Friday, February 27, 2009

Memories

Do you ever see certain things, hear certain songs, or eat certain foods and they remind you of something or someone when you were young? Here are a few things that bring back memories for me:
1)Creedance Clearwater-makes me think of my "Papa" and going to the house on Lake Bistineau.
2)Wintergreen mints-makes me think of Aunt Peggy. She always had them with her.
3)YooHoo chocolate drinks- makes me think of dad and going camping. We would always have them and he liked them too.
4)Soft, orange peanut candies- makes me think of Grandma Richie's house. Not that I liked them, that's just what she always had.
5)Girl Scout Cookies- makes me think of mom and all the fun times we had over the years in girl scouts.
6)Slush Puppies- remind me of all the days and nights we spent at Cargill during baseball season.
7)Breck hairspray & red lipstick- makes me think of Mimi. Before she cut her hair short, she always had it sprayed to perfection and her red lipstick on.
8)PacMan- reminds me of Mom. She is the pacman master.
9)Tang- makes me think of my Great Grandmother. She always had Tang for us to drink in those cold glasses.
10)Corn dogs and funnel cakes- OF COURSE, reminds me of the State Fair....and why would I want to break this tradition?

These are just some things of the top of my head. I hope Raelee and Colton will look back and have many great memories of things too. What are some things that bring back memories for you? I would love to know!

0 comments: