Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Bit Of "REALITY"

So for those of you who know me well, know that I am a reality show junkie. I don't know what it is, but I LOVE reality shows. Even though I know most of them are absurd, I can't control myself from watching it! Here are 10 of my favorites in no particular order. Feel free to leave comments on some of your favorites.
1) The Bachelor/Bachelorette - Random people competing with 24 others over 1 person.
2) Survivor- People living in the middle of nowhere, catching diseases, and eating bugs, all for $1 million.
3) True Beauty- People being judged (by hidden camera) on their inner beauty, all the while they believe they are competing for a modeling job
4) Biggest Loser- I love this show, and I think it's amazing. Although I must confess, I am usually watching it while eating something terrible, and trying not to feel guilty about it.
5) Howie Do It-Howie Mandel doing hidden camera pranks
6) TLC family shows - John & Kate plus 8, and the two families that have almost 20 kids.....geez, I can barely keep up with my 2.
7) Dancing With The Stars- People trying to regain fame doing ballroom dancing with professional dancers to win a mirror ball trophy
8) VH1 and MTV- I hate to admit to watching any of the reality shows on either of these channels, but I think it's actually considered "Comedy".
9) Amazing Race- People racing around the world, fighting in the car, to win $1million. I think I should be on this one!
10) And last but not least, drum role please.......American Idol - There just are no words to describe some of these poor folks, but there is also some amazing talent. I LOVE the winner from last year, David Cook. So, the people this year have a lot to live up to.

Well, there it is. My top 10 list of reality shows I watch. They sound even more ridiculous when you type them out! I can't help it though, maybe I'm just too nosy : )

0 comments: