Friday, January 9, 2009

My Birthday Princess

Five years ago today, I was excited, scared, overwhelmed, and in love all at the same time. Our precious baby girl, Raelee, was born 5 years ago today. Last night when I was tucking her in, I told her she wasn't going to be a baby anymore, when she woke up, she would be my big girl. She put my face in her hands so softly and said, " Mommy, I will ALWAYS be your baby....I will be your baby Raelee forever and ever." Tears started flowing as I held on to her and flashed back to her being an infant. She was so sweet and sincere, and was really trying to comfort me. My little girl is growing up, but promises me she will be my baby FOREVER. I love this little person so much, and she has turned out to be such a beautiful and wonderful child. I look forward to sharing memories, stories, and advice with her. Helping her learn to drive, and get ready for her first date. Picking out a college, and starting a family.....but until then, I will just sit back and enjoy my "baby Raelee".
P.S. Thank you Grandmother for the special birthday t-shirt. She wore it to school today!

1 comments:

Carrie said...

She sounds like such a sweet little girl. It is so hard to let them grow up. Especially the little girls.

We should get together. Email me at carrieanncw@comcast.net and let me know what day is good for you. We have preschool mon, wed, and fri morning until 11:30. I think a play date would be fun, Leighton wouldn't know what to think to have a little boy over.