Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Poor Little Munchkins

To make a long story short..... Raelee and Colton have had this nasty cough for about a week, that the whole city seems to have. I've had them on medicine, but no luck. Last night Colton spiked a temp and felt crummy all day. When the child didn't eat breakfast and just wanted to go back to sleep, I new it was doctor time. So I gathered enough incentive to take him to the doctor, and I'm so glad I did. His blood count was sky high, he had a spot on his lungs, which is the beginning of Pneumonia. They gave him a shot of antibiotics and I have to take him back tomorrow to have his blood count checked again. While at the doctor with Colton, mom calls, and says that Raelee is complaining of an earache. Now, she has only been to the doctor twice in her whole life for sick visits, so when she says she doesn't feel good, something is usually wrong. Well, mom brought her up there to me and they checked her ears. Sure enough, she had an ear infection. So there I am, sweating to death from fighting with a sick 16mo old and try to console a pitiful 4yr old. Poor Raelee was hurting so bad, I felt so sorry for her, and Colton was just ready to get the heck out of dodge. We left with suckers, band aids and hopes that new medicine will work. They are now both tucked away in bed and hopefully we'll have a good night. Say a little prayer that Colton's visit goes well tomorrow.

1 comments:

DeAnn said...

My kids are ALWAYS sick, so I can certainly sympathize and its so hard with two!!! Good luck and get well soon kiddos!