Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Will Love You FOREVER

Mimi and Aunt Peggy came over to mom's today to visit for a while before they headed back to Hot Springs. We started watching old movies from when Kevin and I were little. As I watched the movies with my beautiful Great Grandmother and my handsome Papa, I was so thankful that my mom had captured these memories. She was so wonderful about documenting everything about our lives. My "Papa" was someone I loved with all my heart. He was not just a grandfather to me, he was like a second father. Every trip we took, every holiday we celebrated, him and Mimi were right there with us. He passed away at age 54, 2 months before my senior graduation. It was truly God that helped me through it, because I honestly don't know how I made it. One of the men I loved most, was taken from me in an instant. I know that he would be so proud of me today and the wife, and mother I have become. I thought all afternoon about how he would love being with the kids and taking them places. How he would share stories with Raelee about me and want to give Colton a fishing pole for Christmas. He would be the proudest "Papa". I miss him so much still today, it hurts. There's never a Hank Williams Jr., or Creedance Clearwater song that comes on, that doesn't make me think of riding in the front seat of his truck all the way to Lake Bistineau. One thing that does make me happy though, is how strong my Mimi has been. She is a rock for our family, and my kids are so blessed to have her in their lives. She is one of my best friends and has been there like a mother for me. Life was not easy being a widow so young, but Mimi, you have done and amazing job. I love you so much and think God for you everyday. I know Papa is looking down on us..... and we are making him proud.

1 comments:

Liz Folds said...

Christi-I never knew your "Papa" but I sure know your "Mimi". She is everything you said about her and more. She has become one of my nearest and dearest friends and I so miss being "pew" partners with her. I am a "Mimi" now and I hope one day my sweet Amelia will say the same things about me. You are truly a wonderful granddaughter.

Liz