Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Day At The "Big K".....

...Kindergarten that is! My baby girl headed off to her first day of Kindergarten yesterday. She was excited to see her friends, meet her teacher, and see her new room. All was well, and she seemed to be alright with the big changes.

She was a bit nervous when we got there, but was fine once in her room. I saw several moms I know, and met some new ones as well. She has a great teacher, so I was really excited about that.

New friendsRaelee and Mrs.BurtonOne more hug for mommy!

I couldn't wait to pick my big girl up and find out how her day went. Before, I left for carpool, I got a call from her teacher, just wanting to let me know of a little melt down. Raelee had a great day, and enjoyed "Kindergarten", BUT was not happy about nap time. She got herself so worked up she made herself sick. After a sweet talk from Mrs.Burton she settled down and fell asleep. When I picked her up, she told me she liked her teacher, but not nap time. She was upset that she didn't have Gumbo (her stuffed dog), and was worried about him. She NEVER worried about this at pre-school, but they never took naps. I told her that mommy would make sure to take good care of Gumbo while she was at school, and he would be in the car to meet her everyday. This is going to be an adjustment, but I think it will be fine. She is already talking about Monday, and her new friends. This is a child that LOVES school and has asked me everyday of summer, when she is going back. I think she just didn't realize how different "going back" was going to be.

Raelee, I LOVE you so much, and hope you have the best Kindergarten year EVER! You are my baby girl that has blossomed into a beautiful young lady. I am so proud of you and the little person you are becoming. You are the best big sister a little brother could ask for. Sending you off for your first day was as hard for mommy as it was for you, BUT together, we will make it the best year yet! I can't wait to make many school memories. I love you my angel : )

0 comments: