Thursday, August 19, 2010

Facts About 1st Grade

I asked Raelee what she thought the good and bad things were going to be about 1st grade, then I asked her the same things after her first day. Here are her responses:

Before 1st day:

Good- We get to be the BIG kids….well, bigger than the Kindergarteners.

Good- We don’t have to take naps!

Good- We probably will get to go to the library more, and read a lot more books since we can read now.

Bad- No snacks!

Bad- No centers

Bad- I’m going to miss Mrs. Burton (kindergarten teacher)

 

After 1st day:

Good- Yoshimi and Anna Claire are in my class

Good- We get to bring home a reading book everyday

Good- We ARE the big kids…except not bigger than the 2nd or 3rd graders.

Bad- They try to starve us! (they eat a whole whopping 20mins later…LOL)

Bad- I really want to take a nap, but they said we have to keep our eyes open. (yes, no naps was on the good list BEFORE the first day…LOL)

Bad- We had to work ALL day

LOL, it’s so funny how their little brains work. I am so excited about this year, and think Raelee is going to love her new teacher and 1st grade : )

0 comments: